• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want an LG, but I'm scared to buy one. What say you?

I have the Nexus 4 which is made by LG and it's great - I wouldn't have any issues recommending them as a manufacturer.

Unfortunately, I've no idea how good they are with updates for their non-Nexus phones. If you go to the G2 section of this forum and look through the threads, I'm sure you'll get a pretty good idea whether people are having issues.

Note that if you buy a network subsidised phone, you also have to take into account how good the network is at feeding updates through.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I have the Nexus 4 which is made by LG and it's great - I wouldn't have any issues recommending them as a manufacturer.

Unfortunately, I've no idea how good they are with updates for their non-Nexus phones. If you go to the G2 section of this forum and look through the threads, I'm sure you'll get a pretty good idea whether people are having issues.

Note that if you buy a network subsidised phone, you also have to take into account how good the network is at feeding updates through.

I live in thailand now so. All phones are bought cash, unlocked. There is no such thing as contracts here.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Well. I bought it.
erujana8.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, I have the lg g2, and I love it. Battery life is solid, runs smooth. I just received the knock code update, really cool feature. Camera is really good too. The only 2 drawbacks that I feel hinder the device is the non-removable back cover and no sd card support. I have the 32gig version and that's plenty memory, I have over 800 songs, more pics and videos than I can count, and quite a few apps and still have 8 gigs free. If those 2 drawbacks are a deal breaker for u, the G3 fixed that issue. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0
The LG G2 seems to be the phone for me. But

1) I've never owned LG and I'm not sure about their reputation.

2) How are they now as far as updating their devices? Has it gotten better?
Lg flagship phones are amazing, their UI isnt up to the mark, you can throw in a android launcher and customize it as your prefrence, When it comes to upgrades Flagship phone usually get update faster than others, Carriers matters too but international models usually gets update fast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones