• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Important Read about devs and Bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrzDroid

Android Expert
Nov 30, 2009
NJ
Now I'm posting this here because I feel that with recent events, a lot of people have been bashing others and rumors have been circulating about what is going on with development, teams and websites. This relates directly to droidX users. I am by ZERO means taking sides, but posting this because I feel AllDroid has been unfairly Attacked.
Please don't turn this into a drama thread. This is meant to EDUCATE those who would say mean and hurtful things.

@AllDroid
If you don't think highly of me because of something @P3Droid or his fan-boys have said, keep reading for the TRUTH. Otherwise, don't waste your precious time on my account. This isn't pointless drama, this is me setting the facts straight (or at least challenging someone to prove otherwise instead of committing Libel which is punishable by LAW and that IS a threat).You're reading this so you claim to be interested in the truth and don't want to remain ignorant, or just some "fan-boy" trolling Twitter. If that's not you, feel free to browse elsewhere. I have no sympathy for the willfully ignorant types.I just wanted to say that I find it really sad how many of you people show your "fanboy" so easily. You know so little, act on rumors and accusations, talk about maturity, but fail to look at yourselves the entire time. I made an offer to help another Android enthusiast site who was worried they'd get buried because their resources are insufficient (and they admitted as much by begging that you "PROMISE NOT TO KILL MY SERVER") and I have more than enough to get the job done. In nearly the same breath that site accused me of executing a DDOS on them when they JUST ADMITTED that they can't handle this traffic. If you don't know what a DDOS is, go read up and you'll see how utterly ******ed that accusation is in context. Careful downloading from them if it's released because if their servers do end up overloaded, you could be accused of participating in a DDOS against them (since they clearly don't know the difference). I wasn't going to address the issue because it seemed so obvious, but given the other absurd accusation thrown out tonight by the apparently delusional P3, I feel I should. Supposedly at some time in the past "@AllDroid sent a letter threatening to sue MDW because MDW posted content from AllDroid" and follows that with "So much for open[n]ess". This the day after @P3Droid tries to sell you, the community, a file that does not belong to him to begin with and in doing so, holds out on you. At least he did until he realized the effort was futile because other people in the community saw how selfish and wrong that was and took steps to make the content available.So you want to stand up for a PROVEN raving, hypocrite (listening @marc_fogel?), who has no proof to backup any of his ridiculous claims. Even the person with whom I have the more difficult history here in the Android community has come to see that my intentions are good.Has @P3Droid ever mentioned (as those of you who have been around long enough know for fact) that MDW would hardly be on the map if it weren't for AllDroid. Before Brent Fishman destroyed AllDroid (we're a completely new site since he did so and i've personally paid DEARLY to see this happen), a couple specific users at MDW copy/pasted content post by post. Without that content, MDW would still be primarily a BlackBerry site. YES, BlackBerry. So when you go on about how great he is, realize that it's the advertising revenue you generate for MDW that pays for the releases that he then turns around and tries to charge you for. Revenue the site wouldn't have if not for the content that kick-started MDW and gave you reason to be there (content created by the developers who DON'T charge for their work and at most, HOPE for donations AFTER the fact). By the way, I don't doubt that at some point P3 pissed off someone loyal to AD and prompted some harassment from someone who knew that MDW doesn't give credit where it's due (or takes it where it isn't, like the "hard word" that doesn't happen when P3 buys a ROM and releases it as if he's been sitting in a dungeon somewhere sweating to make it magically appear), but I've never made a legal threat. Anyone that's been on the Internet for more than a few minutes knows how futile that would be. Ask Moto, HTC, and Samsung. They can't even do it and they have resources like few others.So THERE is a history lesson for you ranting fan-boys.As to why someone would go download from AllDroid Public Board instead of My Droid World Forums - Your #1 Android source!... Aside from the fact that MDW is weak and goes down every time there's a large release and AllDroid could at least reduce the likelihood of that and thus provide content to more people, more quickly, consider the name. AllDroid dot ORG is an organization for the community. As I've always made clear, AD is here to support developers directly, then the community that utilizes the work from those developers. By focusing on developers first, I hope to make this lives easier, reduce their stress, improve their efficiency, and that way improve the end-users situation as well.AllDroid is for YOU, the community. We are AllDroid Public Board compared to My Droid World Forums - Your #1 Android source! who kangs content then forbids it, steals from others then charges you for access, runs a substandard site then accuses others of a DDOS when they get overrun even though they already know they're not up to the job.When a developer calls AllDroid home, it's because they know where my heart is. They know I'm here to help them in any way I can and my priority is the community, not profit or credit. I am guilty of getting excited too quickly at times and I'm cynical because of dealing with people like Brent, P3, and others who have burned me in the past. I never hesitate to apologize though and I dare someone to show where I haven't done the right thing in the end.Despite all the abuse I've taken from P3 the last year, I STILL set out to offer an olive branch tonight and look what I got in return. "I would rather let an angry pack of piranhas chew on my manhood, than let you mirror shit for me. Leech all you want." Clearly he doesn't have any manhood to be attacked because that's something even a boy with a little self-respect wouldn't say.Drama? If you say so. I call it (as I always do), letting the truth be known. If you can't handle the truth then plug your ears, shut your eyes, and go stick your head in the sand.You think this is drama? It's what I'm not saying that would shock you. I hold back though because while the truth needs to come out, it doesn't need to get unnecessarily personal.Now I'm going back in making AllDroid the most developer friendly site possible for the sake of everyone in the community. That includes the ungrateful fan-boys that don't even know what I've contributed.One last thing: Another typical "I want attention" ploy by @P3Droid. First it's "OK YOU HAVE TO PROMISE NOT TO KILL MY SERVER, BUT I HAVE ROOT ON CONSUMER GINGERBREAD, pass the word" (Once more, admitting that his site will likely fold under the load when it's released. Don't let him tell you it's a DDOS). Then "everyone go to bed, tomorrow is release day". Always trying to get attention. So does he have root and he's playing games with us, or was he lying and hoping he'd get it quick enough nobody would catch him? Not the first time I've seen this behavior.I could be called many things (amongst them a Marine, a father, a husband, a hard worker, honest, sincere, open, passionate), but a hypocrite is not one. Neither can I be called a liar, and as this letter should demonstrate, dispassionate, or immature.Though perhaps not as big as many names out there, I've been on the mobile scene consistently as long as all but a handful of people (back to the XV6800 and Windows Mobile 6). All you shit-talking kids out there who ungratefully take advantage of the work developers and supporters like myself provide should really think hard before running your mouths the way you do. I've seen too many developers walk away from the scene because they'd become disheartened as a result of spoiled little brats running their mouths and showing off their sense of entitlement. You think you're unhappy now with devices getting locked down? What if there weren't devs or sites out there to see progress occur and distributed to you?!@P3Droid, act your age and your profession and start setting an example worth following for all these kids that worship you as a false idol.

Problem is, there's no reason to believe either side. You've posted AllDroid's defense. But there's no history, who knows if p3Droid is right? Or maybe not? Or maybe they're both wrong?

Honestly, I'd just ignore it all. Don't post anything in the forums - it just contributes to the drama. There is nothing that can be said or done to make something positive out of the drama that gets underway, so it's best to let it die quietly - because it will die much faster that way.

Reactions: jreed2560
Upvote 0
thanks for the information, but like binary said there are always 2 sides to every story, i read parts of it but looked at the time and realized work is fastly approaching. no one knows which side is right, i for one do not worry about it, considering this all revolves around PHONES! :p but then again some people take this stuff very seriously. hopefully no issues will continue with these 2. but it doesnt appear that to be the case

Reactions: jreed2560
Upvote 0
Tl;dr (to long didn't read)
Don't care....kissy make upy....whatever....lol....or fight like real men.....ahhhh.....its a twitter fight; how cuuuuute....:)

I know, I'm not nice....what can I say.

lol when i first saw p3 do it i was like wtf, when did we resort to twitter put downs?
like the old days you move your friends down a space in myspace to say hey your treadin on thin ice!

haha such kid games are amusing :p

Upvote 0
Made for an interesting read while I am waiting for my rooted Gingerbread to download. To be honest I could care less about what has happened between them. The both have done great work for the android communities and I have donate to both in the past for their hard work. This will not change.

That being said there are also some developer out there that not only play nice with other, but actually promote others work. Just an example was when Liberty launched and their servers were getting hammered Fab put up a mirror of the download in his server to help out. While I appreciate everything done by all the developers I have a lot more respect for the ones like Fab that do the right thing as well.

Upvote 0
Tl;dr (to long didn't read)
Don't care....kissy make upy....whatever....lol....or fight like real men.....ahhhh.....its a twitter fight; how cuuuuute....:)

I know, I'm not nice....what can I say.

Wasn't too long for me, I just can't read good. Can't we all just get along? We all mostly want the same things for our phones. Some people just do things a little different is all.

Upvote 0
I have no opinion about this. Perhaps formatting would have been nice instead of just one huge rant. Keep in mind libel law in the US is rarely used and unlike libel law in
Europe and other countries the plantiff do not normally win the suits, so threats like that are a little unfounded.

Upvote 0
soap_opera.jpg

Upvote 0
Just spacing out the letter so other peoples eyes don't have to bleed after 10 minutes of reading the text wall, carry on

@AllDroid

If you don't think highly of me because of something @P3Droid or his fan-boys have said, keep reading for the TRUTH. Otherwise, don't waste your precious time on my account. This isn't pointless drama, this is me setting the facts straight (or at least challenging someone to prove otherwise instead of committing Libel which is punishable by LAW and that IS a threat).You're reading this so you claim to be interested in the truth and don't want to remain ignorant, or just some "fan-boy" trolling Twitter. If that's not you, feel free to browse elsewhere. I have no sympathy for the willfully ignorant types.

I just wanted to say that I find it really sad how many of you people show your "fanboy" so easily. You know so little, act on rumors and accusations, talk about maturity, but fail to look at yourselves the entire time. I made an offer to help another Android enthusiast site who was worried they'd get buried because their resources are insufficient (and they admitted as much by begging that you "PROMISE NOT TO KILL MY SERVER&quot and I have more than enough to get the job done. In nearly the same breath that site accused me of executing a DDOS on them when they JUST ADMITTED that they can't handle this traffic. If you don't know what a DDOS is, go read up and you'll see how utterly ******ed that accusation is in context.

Careful downloading from them if it's released because if their servers do end up overloaded, you could be accused of participating in a DDOS against them (since they clearly don't know the difference). I wasn't going to address the issue because it seemed so obvious, but given the other absurd accusation thrown out tonight by the apparently delusional P3, I feel I should.

Supposedly at some time in the past "@AllDroid sent a letter threatening to sue MDW because MDW posted content from AllDroid" and follows that with "So much for open[n]ess". This the day after @P3Droid tries to sell you, the community, a file that does not belong to him to begin with and in doing so, holds out on you. At least he did until he realized the effort was futile because other people in the community saw how selfish and wrong that was and took steps to make the content available.So you want to stand up for a PROVEN raving, hypocrite (listening @marc_fogel?), who has no proof to backup any of his ridiculous claims. Even the person with whom I have the more difficult history here in the Android community has come to see that my intentions are good.

Has @P3Droid ever mentioned (as those of you who have been around long enough know for fact) that MDW would hardly be on the map if it weren't for AllDroid. Before Brent Fishman destroyed AllDroid (we're a completely new site since he did so and i've personally paid DEARLY to see this happen), a couple specific users at MDW copy/pasted content post by post. Without that content, MDW would still be primarily a BlackBerry site. YES, BlackBerry. So when you go on about how great he is, realize that it's the advertising revenue you generate for MDW that pays for the releases that he then turns around and tries to charge you for. Revenue the site wouldn't have if not for the content that kick-started MDW and gave you reason to be there (content created by the developers who DON'T charge for their work and at most, HOPE for donations AFTER the fact).

By the way, I don't doubt that at some point P3 pissed off someone loyal to AD and prompted some harassment from someone who knew that MDW doesn't give credit where it's due (or takes it where it isn't, like the "hard word" that doesn't happen when P3 buys a ROM and releases it as if he's been sitting in a dungeon somewhere sweating to make it magically appear), but I've never made a legal threat. Anyone that's been on the Internet for more than a few minutes knows how futile that would be. Ask Moto, HTC, and Samsung. They can't even do it and they have resources like few others.

So THERE is a history lesson for you ranting fan-boys.As to why someone would go download from AllDroid Public Board instead of My Droid World Forums - Your #1 Android source!... Aside from the fact that MDW is weak and goes down every time there's a large release and AllDroid could at least reduce the likelihood of that and thus provide content to more people, more quickly, consider the name. AllDroid dot ORG is an organization for the community. As I've always made clear, AD is here to support developers directly, then the community that utilizes the work from those developers. By focusing on developers first, I hope to make this lives easier, reduce their stress, improve their efficiency, and that way improve the end-users situation as well.AllDroid is for YOU, the community.

We are AllDroid Public Board compared to My Droid World Forums - Your #1 Android source! who kangs content then forbids it, steals from others then charges you for access, runs a substandard site then accuses others of a DDOS when they get overrun even though they already know they're not up to the job.When a developer calls AllDroid home, it's because they know where my heart is. They know I'm here to help them in any way I can and my priority is the community, not profit or credit. I am guilty of getting excited too quickly at times and I'm cynical because of dealing with people like Brent, P3, and others who have burned me in the past. I never hesitate to apologize though and I dare someone to show where I haven't done the right thing in the end.

Despite all the abuse I've taken from P3 the last year, I STILL set out to offer an olive branch tonight and look what I got in return. "I would rather let an angry pack of piranhas chew on my manhood, than let you mirror shit for me. Leech all you want." Clearly he doesn't have any manhood to be attacked because that's something even a boy with a little self-respect wouldn't say.Drama? If you say so. I call it (as I always do), letting the truth be known. If you can't handle the truth then plug your ears, shut your eyes, and go stick your head in the sand.You think this is drama? It's what I'm not saying that would shock you. I hold back though because while the truth needs to come out, it doesn't need to get unnecessarily personal.Now I'm going back in making AllDroid the most developer friendly site possible for the sake of everyone in the community. That includes the ungrateful fan-boys that don't even know what I've contributed.

One last thing: Another typical "I want attention" ploy by @P3Droid. First it's "OK YOU HAVE TO PROMISE NOT TO KILL MY SERVER, BUT I HAVE ROOT ON CONSUMER GINGERBREAD, pass the word" (Once more, admitting that his site will likely fold under the load when it's released. Don't let him tell you it's a DDOS). Then "everyone go to bed, tomorrow is release day". Always trying to get attention. So does he have root and he's playing games with us, or was he lying and hoping he'd get it quick enough nobody would catch him? Not the first time I've seen this behavior.I could be called many things (amongst them a Marine, a father, a husband, a hard worker, honest, sincere, open, passionate), but a hypocrite is not one. Neither can I be called a liar, and as this letter should demonstrate, dispassionate, or immature.

Though perhaps not as big as many names out there, I've been on the mobile scene consistently as long as all but a handful of people (back to the XV6800 and Windows Mobile 6). All you shit-talking kids out there who ungratefully take advantage of the work developers and supporters like myself provide should really think hard before running your mouths the way you do. I've seen too many developers walk away from the scene because they'd become disheartened as a result of spoiled little brats running their mouths and showing off their sense of entitlement. You think you're unhappy now with devices getting locked down? What if there weren't devs or sites out there to see progress occur and distributed to you?!@P3Droid, act your age and your profession and start setting an example worth following for all these kids that worship you as a false idol.

Reactions: Yeahha
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones