• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

El Presidente

Beware The Milky Pirate!
Jan 3, 2011
Scotland
My One X's G Sensor stopped working, no matter what I did, I couldn't get the screen to rotate of it's own accord. I tried a couple of different ROMs, still no joy, so it's obviously a hardware issue. I scanned around and it appears as though it's not an uncommon problem with the One X.

Fretting a little as I know some carriers/OEMs are a little funny about the bootloader unlock thing, I visited the local Orange shop to explain my predicament. They couldn't have been cooler about it. Their attitude was "it's obviously hardware, we'll sort it".

They needed to make a couple of checks with their tech/returns department to clarify, but the long and short of it is, I'm getting a new phone tomorrow/today. I double checked and they are fine with the bootloader being unlocked as long as it's returned to stock.

Hopefully this one will be trouble free, my current one has been for the most part.

Suffice to say, I'm pretty happy with Orange at the moment. Not saying everyone will have the same experience, but it's nice to see this sort of common sense attitude from them. :)

Reactions: murzz and D-U-R-X

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones