• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In my day ...

Back in my day my friend and I answered an ad in the back of some cartoon or magazine to sell personalized Christmas cards. We promptly received order forms and we set out selling these expensive but cool Christmas cards. We were to make like a buck per order or something. We turned our order and money in before the deadline and we had around thirty orders to be printed. We were so excited to be in the big bucks. A couple of weeks before Christmas our customers started calling... where are our cards??? They did arrive before February. Needless to say we had some irate customers.
One of our disgruntled customers was our gym instructor. We ran laps and did pushups the rest of the school year.

Upvote 0
Not so much funny, but nostalgic. I stumbled across this auction listing and figured some of you folks may appreciate it.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-dodge-dodge-d300-chassis-w-caveman-camper/
1965_dodge_dodge-d300-chassis-w-caveman-camper_img_e9745-1-74366.jpg

Upvote 0
I do not remember much in my day.
Maybe common sense and about everything, and we did not need any snowflake out there.
In the criminals out the chances, and maybe it is even fowards on.. :)

???
No such thing as "common sense" ...
What is common for one, may be entirely foreign to another.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones