• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Income Tax Time for 2023

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
Started to put all my income tax stuff together for 2023. I discovered a 1099 from a company that I have never had or heard of in the past, so I called them.I gave the first woman my name, DOB, SSN, account number and she couldn't find anything on my information so she forwarded my call to a supervisor. 30 minutes on hold and I get a supervisor. Turns out one of pensions I have decided late in the year to switch companies that pay it out. How stupid is that? How am I suppose to know that unless I waste time trying to figure it out. I was told a letter was sent out about it.

Went to H&R Block and got my taxes done.

April 15 Taxes GIF by INTO ACTION

Upvote 0
just did my taxes via turbo tax. been using for 7 years now. super easy to do. i was done in 20 minutes.......glad it is over.

i need to adjust my w4 looks like. this is the 2nd year that i owe. i like getting refunds better. not sure why i have to adjust my w4, i have not adjusted it in the past and last year was the 1st time i have ever owed the gov.

Upvote 0
One of the tax issues I use to run into was working out of state. During my working career the economy got bad a few times and I had to "tramp" for work. One year I had W2 forms from 4 different states which made figuring out taxes a bit confusing, so I started having tax professionals do my taxes, and I have just continued having someone else do my taxes. My wife wants us to start doing the taxes ourselves to save money, but to me it saves a lot headaches having someone else do them and it's not that expensive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones