• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing Android on empty phone

Burn_stick

Lurker
Nov 11, 2020
I got a phone with android but the factory reset doesn't install android because google play doesn't work (prob. due to the age of the phone (3-4years).

Now I do want to install a new android onto it but I can't access any of the phones settings (like turn on developer options or so). Is there a way to install a new android version?
I have an SD card and I can install ISO files etc. onto it.
I also have access to the phones storage if it tries to install the OS.

Is there any way to do this?

@ocnbrze
I got an Coolpad Porto S (E570). Yes it's a china phone^^

Okay the situation just changed. I tried installing android again but this time I skipped the Wifi part. Therefore (i assume) it didn't try to install google play services and actually gave me a home screen (previously it failed to install google play services and didn't boot therefore).

Now the play store still doesn't work but at least I can activate developer mode. I'll try installing another android version on it. I will post here further updates.

Thanks for the help so far!

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones