• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Integrate Google sign-in into an app

Hi,
I'm currently building an app, and one way to login/create an account is to use your existing Google account. Google does provide quite a few documents on how to do it, but once you get to the API part with the OAuth consent screen, it starts to get a bit confusing.

They require us to choose between an internal (Only available to users within your organization) and external (Available to any test user with a Google Account.) user type. External is the only option that can be selected for me, and that starts to make things difficult.
They require us to provide an app name, a logo, and a bunch of information that I don't have yet. All I want to do is test the Google sign-in method and see how I can integrate it in the future in a more serious project.

Is there any way to do this? Or do I have to provide them with all of this extra information?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones