• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internal memory size with Lollipop: Is This An Error (I hope)

Hook

Ever since DU... ;-)
Mar 17, 2010
Northern VA, USA
I just flashed Lollipop using Wugs (haven't rooted yet) , but both Settings/storage and Windows Explorer are reporting only a total of 12.55GB storage. Is that a known error, or is Lollipop somehow that big? I'm obviously hoping the former.

I don't get many useful results Googling this.

Reset will not unroot, it simply wipes the data partition (minus pictures/files/ect if on a custom recovery).

This is an issue when using the factory images, as the same image is used for the 16 and 32 GB models. Its an even bigger issue on the 2012 n7 because it had 8/16/32GB variants.

I usually just do the full data wipe from within TWRP and it fixes it.

Reactions: xdrc45 and Hook
Upvote 0
Reset will not unroot, it simply wipes the data partition (minus pictures/files/ect if on a custom recovery).

This is an issue when using the factory images, as the same image is used for the 16 and 32 GB models. Its an even bigger issue on the 2012 n7 because it had 8/16/32GB variants.

I usually just do the full data wipe from within TWRP and it fixes it.

Man if I would have seen your post 2 mins ago, I just went through the WUG's process again flashing factory image and unroot. I noticed this time right after the flash was complete, a pop-up on my PC stating that internal memory might not be accurate and to complete a factory reset now. All is good, now to go back to root. :D

Reactions: Hook and Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Had the same problem and it took 2 full flashes of the factory image to fix it. So people might need to know that it might not take first time. Man, that was annoying. I also did the whole go into recovery and wipe data/cache before I booted for the first time. Maybe it worked?

Worse annoyance is thinking I broke stock recovery. Why are there buttons you need to press just to get the recovery options on, Google?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones