• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with Carphone Warehouse. Looking to get new phone & contract w/Vodaphone

Ajay5489

Nov 13, 2011
So I have had my Htc evo 3d for around 6 months now.. one month ago my phones camera stopped working and the audio also went dead on my phone. i got the phone fixed from the shop i bought it from and than less than a week later i lost the audio on my phone again.. so i took the phone back to the shop once more.

Instead of fixing it they said they would order me in a refurbished handset so a week later i went back to the store only to find out that the refirburbished phone was never odered due to a problem on their end... and they said they would order me in a new handset. and now a week later i have still heard no answer from them and i am still paying my contract.

Would i anyway be able to get out of my contract and get a new contract with a new phone.. if so would i have to complain to the shop or to vodaphone? (which is what network i am on)

Any help would be much appreciated

by "shop" do you mean Sprint store? I would hope so, or else Sprint isn't going to offer you anything if you took it to another kind of "shop". Usually audio and camera going out is a software problem, most of the time factory resets will fix it. Very rarely is it a hardware problem, but it happens. If you took your phone to a Sprint store each time, they might offer you another phone again, maybe a different model if you're lucky (epic 4g touch sometimes) but I doubt they'll let you cancel your contract.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones