• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's here!

My black moon came this morning and stupid work got in the way. It's mostly set up and just wow, I really like it.

I'm used to Moto's and plain vanilla Android so no surprise there. I thought I'd miss the few Moto apps but I don't (so far). This is clean and fast!

Display looks good and most stuff/apps fill the screen fully but some don't yet, the Googly does.

Signal is good, I was worried about that.

It feels really good all naked but I covered up. Tudia case and screen protector for just in case. It is a great size and still a large-ish screen (5.71), very comfy to hold and it's heavy for it's size. I like the heft, it sure doesn't feel all plastic-y.

I had 3 updates waiting, Essential is doing a job with that.

I don't hate the camera at all, much better than my MXP. I do mostly take quick snaps though so I'm not bothered with perfection.

Yeah, barring any unfound issues it's a keeper.

I eventually bought a Pixel 2 because the Essential wasn't sold in the UK (and I didn't want to buy an import with no warranty and no repair facilities this side of the Atlantic). But I always wished I'd had the chance to buy the Essential.

The Pixel is still working, though next month's security update is supposed to be the last (and it didn't get one this month). But the Essential was a much more interesting device.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones