• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jetstream storage corrupted

crashnburn64

Jul 27, 2019
I've phad a jetstream box for about 2 months and it was working well. It just developed an issue with attached storage where the storage is 0 misc and then whatever extra space saying accessible or available but that space cannot be accessed. This has happened to with a 400gb sandisk microsd, a sandisk 124gb usb stick and a generic 500gb usb drive. It seems to set up the drives like they are partitioned. They show 0 misc space then whatever. I have tried various reformats and windows partition tools. Is this normal. Is the box infected or defective? Thanks in advance

Using acronis partition software I was able to reformat my sd card and add it as shared internal shared storage. The storage setting shows 0 space available. When I use the xplore software it shows sd card 366gb and the box storage as 2-3 GB used out of 4.2gb. I keeping getting out of storage messages even after migrating to the new added storage. Also usb drives just get ejected after mounting. The box was running ok until last week. Not sure what happened. It is not rooted.

Upvote 0
Ok. I dumped the cheap usb storage and upgraded to an external drive. My box is running better with plenty of storage with a 400gb sd card and 2tb hdd. I also discovered that having an ethernet cable plugged into the jetstream box causes the wifi to not connect. I wanted to compare the connections and could not figure out why the wifi would not connect if I needed. Figured I'd post these tidbits for other jetstream users. I don't see any great sites supporting android tv.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones