• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just switched carriers, still have old phone number

We switched all 5 of our family's phones from Verizon to T-Mobile. Everyone got their old phone number back almost immediately, except me. :mad:

I'm able to view my new phone number by dialing #686#, and it has an area code from the next state over. Just for giggles, I plugged the phone number into FaceBook and it came up as a guy who lives in (surprise) the next state over.

When I created my account on to the T-Mobile website & entered my "new" phone number, it thinks I have a completely different phone (and tells me I'm due for an upgrade). When I click "This is not my phone," my Verizon phone is not listed as an option.

So it would appear I'm jolly well out of luck for now. I'll have to go back to their shop in morning before work & hope they can get it back to my old phone number...unless someone has a suggestion to help me do it myself?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones