• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Knox alerts on Samsung SM-G950U

old_codger

Jun 3, 2011
WV
Hope this is the proper forum. I'm guessing this is a 'Knox' problem. My phone worked perfectly for months, but in the last month I get a Know notification 5-8 times a day - almost always associated with my Ring doorbell. Motion at the door triggers Knox (tap here to enter Knox) followed immediately by Ring (There is motion at your front door).
The Knox notification is so fast I only see it on my phone for 0.5 seconds, but it displays on my S3 watch long enough I can read it. Notification History doesn't show the Knox alert but does show the Ring alert. How do I get rid of these notifications?

Hope this is the proper forum. I'm guessing this is a 'Knox' problem. My phone worked perfectly for months, but in the last month I get a Know notification 5-8 times a day - almost always associated with my Ring doorbell. Motion at the door triggers Knox (tap here to enter Knox) followed immediately by Ring (There is motion at your front door).
The Knox notification is so fast I only see it on my phone for 0.5 seconds, but it displays on my S3 watch long enough I can read it. Notification History doesn't show the Knox alert but does show the Ring alert. How do I get rid of these notifications?

Any ideas where I can ask this and get an answer?

Upvote 0

There are times where Samsung Knox Support may require log file information to determine the cause of a particular device behavior issue. In those cases, IT admins should use the SysDump tool to get logs from the device.

To get logs using SysDump:

1. Launch the Phone app; enter *#9900#
  2. Tap Run dumpstate/logcat.
  3. This procedure saves logs to internal storage: /data/log/dumpState_yyyymmddn.log (for example: /data/log/dumpstate_201307081.log).
  4. Tap Copy to sdcard.
  5. Launch My Files.
  6. Go to /log folder.
  7. Share the log file with Samsung Knox Support via email, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, Dropbox, etc.
To use SysDump to capture log files on tablets

1. Launch the Calculator app.
  2. Enter (+30012012732+ to enter Factory Mode.
  3. Enter *#9900#
  4. Tap Run dumpstate/logcat.
  5. Tap Copy to sdcard.

Upvote 0
I presume, by "the Phone App" you mean "Knox." I can't find Know by Settings>Apps nor by swiping up on a screen and typing Search. Worse, "Apps" on my watch doesn't show "Knox."
Therein, I think, is part of the problem. Knox is throwing notifications, but 'doesn't exist' on my phone.

Just a followup. Samsung Knox doesn't exist on my S8 or my S3 watch, yet, I'm still getting alerts. I'D REALLY like to know how to find/disable Knox. Failing that, where do I find "Samsung Knox Support."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones