• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lack of sd card slots against customer wishes

Cam501

Feb 18, 2011
This is totally hypothetical, but since my DNA has no SD slot I have to pose the question, If enough people bitched, complained, and refused to buy an HTC phone without an SD card slot, would they push back against a company like Verizon if they requested no SD slot? It's just a curiosity question at this point. I am an HTC fan (came from an Incredible before the DNA), but I was very very close to not buying one because of the lack of an SD slot. I just wonder if enough people told HTC we will not buy your product under any circumstance without an SD slot would HTC/ and or Verizon ( or other carriers in similar situations ) reconsider leaving out the SD slots. I have had at least 5 Verizon employees from multiple corporate stores and customer service calls admit to me that Verizon told HTC they would not take the DNA (butterfly) if it included an SD slot. I'd love to see the tables turned. And on a similar note, what it enough customers told Verizon until you allow us to delete the bloat without any sort of root, we are gone. Wishful thinking nonetheless.

This is totally hypothetical, but since my DNA has no SD slot I have to pose the question, If enough people bitched, complained, and refused to buy an HTC phone without an SD card slot, would they push back against a company like Verizon if they requested no SD slot? It's just a curiosity question at this point. I am an HTC fan (came from an Incredible before the DNA), but I was very very close to not buying one because of the lack of an SD slot. I just wonder if enough people told HTC we will not buy your product under any circumstance without an SD slot would HTC/ and or Verizon ( or other carriers in similar situations ) reconsider leaving out the SD slots. I have had at least 5 Verizon employees from multiple corporate stores and customer service calls admit to me that Verizon told HTC they would not take the DNA (butterfly) if it included an SD slot. I'd love to see the tables turned. And on a similar note, what it enough customers told Verizon until you allow us to delete the bloat without any sort of root, we are gone. Wishful thinking nonetheless.

If you feel that strongly about the subject,lead by example & do your part,regardless of what others choose to do or not do.

If choosing another carrier is a viable option,then kiss VZW goodbye & explain why.Then,contact HTC & do the same,go w/another option,perhaps even using an older model HTC that has expandable memory.Might as well ask for a removable battery while you're at it.

Upvote 0
Saw the topic and i have the evo v 4g aka 3D which is a virgin mobile phone but i noticed looking at the Google's Editions htc one it didn't have SD card either, and i think your supposed not sure on this with a google's editions phone supposed to be able to activate on any major carriers without restrictions but i could be wrong there, i heard of people having issues putting a nexus on verizon's services even though part of the agreement to allowing Verizon to buy the spectrum was to be open of course they haven't allowed any yet but also read there about too , maybe a google edition htc one could be activated on verizon maybe not but either way it doesn't have a sdcard expansion either, I'm not even sure if the developer's edition has one ill look but its like 800 out of pocket

Upvote 0
I have decided to not buy any phone without expandable storage and a removable battery. That is the only way to get the carriers to relent. It is possible that at some point all phones will not have either unless we stand firm. The buyer determines the market, especially if we band together. Reminds me of Apple. It is their way or nothing. They are not concerned with the consumer because they think they know better. Way too arrogant!! Sony used to be the same way to a lesser extent. They eventually learned their lesson with Beta and Memory Sticks, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones