• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lack of support?

Foxspeed

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2010
My Nexus is still in great condition and been well maintained & looked after since I bought it four years ago. I'm quite OCD with installing too many apps and quite aware that apps can slow the phone down a lot, but recently I'm noticing my phone is becoming very unresponsive.
It feels quite 'laggy' when typing and things don't seem to be as snappy any more, is this because the O/S is no longer supported? I've no real reason to upgrade apart from the obvious 4G (higher speed internet) which doesn't really bother me.

Thanks.

Perhaps it's got bit rot? Four years is quite a long time, I take it you've never factory reset it all? If you haven't, think it would definitely be worth trying a factory and data reset on it. If it's still unresponsive and laggy after that, might be something more serious, like it's basically worn out and time to replace it, e.g. a sign the internal flash storage might be giving up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones