• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's see your desktop!

I remember when I use to pimp my desktop. I had some pretty cool ones although I haven't done it in a while.

I still have the screen-shots on photobucket from about 2-3 years ago.

junedtop.png

ss.png

firedesktop.png

firefoxdesktop2.png

This was one of my favorites

cryotheme.jpg

Myscreenshot.png
i am refering to the last 2 pictures in this quote, Does any one know how this guy done this to his xp machine?. really interested in customising my XP machine like this thats all,

Upvote 0
Does any one know how this guy done this to his xp machine?

WindowBlinds, ObjectDock, IconPackager and DesktopX, all from Stardock Software.

The current release of WindowBlinds, v7, supports 32-bit Windows XP but as noted by others the options are more limited than later versions of the OS. There are still plenty of XP-specific themes available that are a huge improvement over the stock MS 'Bliss' look, however.

what has he used to get that 'app list's on the top

That's an ObjectDock with themed icons and docklets.

Upvote 0
Aww right thing is i have a copy of vista and windows 7 but im a bit wary on how it will runn on my XP machine ya see as its only a single core pro ( pent4 3.0 ghz HT) with 2gig ram, soo.. i mean i could alway upgrade it to Vista like and see what the modds are to that ?. i will have to save up and then get that software to be able to do it ?.. What is the process like easy or difficult?

Upvote 0
What is the process like easy or difficult?

Very easy..... installation is only a couple of mouse clicks and a reboot, thereafter changing themes is just a matter of adding them to the library, selecting the one you want to use and clicking "Apply". You can, however, spend ages playing with the various options available to fine-tune a theme to your liking. ;)

Reactions: Spec-Kie
Upvote 0
for that matter where's pause, previous track, next track,

It looks like 6 for pause/play, # for prev track, 3 for next track, and 9 for stop.

shuffle, etc?

I'd tend to think of it as an iPod Shuffle...because like the screen-less fruity MP3 player. this doesn't doesn't seem to show information about song title, artist, album, etc. either.

Upvote 0
Neither do most CD players.

You don't tend to have many songs on one CD, twenty or so at the most. So you pretty well know what it's playing. There is CD-Text, but I think it was only some Sony players had it, and very few commercial CDs.

Friend of mine has a stereo in his new Shanghai MG car, it can play MP3s from a USB mass storage device. However it doesn't show file-names or ID3 tags or anything. Even though it's got an alphanumeric and graphic screen. Stupid design....made in China :rolleyes: There's also many cheapo MP3 players in China, that can't deal with Chinese ID3 tags. English ID3 tags, usually no problem.

Presumably the Windows cell-phone skinned media player we're discussing can show track and artist names, it's just that it's set to show an animation instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones