• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Spirit 4G [Root]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tired that on Friday. The systembackuptest app doesn't run on this phone. :(

This phone has a newer version of the backup app than the motion. If we could somehow downgrade to the one off the motion the exploit could maybe work?

remove the systembackuptest that came with the Spirit and use the one that the the Motion exploit uses :) ;) :D

Upvote 0
New backup version doesn't mean the exploit is gone... Since it's a 2.5.x from a 2.4.x I suspect the vulnerability was "moved" (not 3.x.x).

I have some friends in the biz of quality testing (EA, Bethesda), and almost all of the times the "fix" is to "move" the vulnerability because it would take way more time and development ($$$) to rebuild the whole program. Because it's "stacked" in the program, almost always a complete fix makes bigger problems with function or they do finally have to spring for rebuilding the whole thing; it's all about the benjies. Cheaper to stick your finger in the damn than rebuild it.

I'm not giving up, haven't seen anything on XDA about the MS870 yet...

:D

Upvote 0
New backup version doesn't mean the exploit is gone... Since it's a 2.5.x from a 2.4.x I suspect the vulnerability was "moved" (not 3.x.x).

I have some friends in the biz of quality testing (EA, Bethesda), and almost all of the times the "fix" is to "move" the vulnerability because it would take way more time and development ($$$) to rebuild the whole program. Because it's "stacked" in the program, almost always a complete fix makes bigger problems with function or they do finally have to spring for rebuilding the whole thing; it's all about the benjies. Cheaper to stick your finger in the damn than rebuild it.

I'm not giving up, haven't seen anything on XDA about the MS870 yet...

:D

Maybe we can get someone to pull apart the systembackuptest that was used to root the motion and "fix" it to work on this phone. I don't have the knowledge to do it or I would try.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones