• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Tribute for Virgin Mobile/Sprint

Anyone have one right now? I just ordered one from VM, and most of the specs look great for an $80 phone. The only thing it doesn't have over my fried banana Optimus F3 is NFC. I never used that feature, so it's not a deal killer.

The only slight issue I have with the Tribute is that there's no notification light. I can get around that by having vibrate on all the time, so at least I know something's coming in when the phone is in my pocket with the ringer on or off.

It runs on Sprint's Spark 4G, so web surfing should be great with this phone.

The Tribute also supports HD Voice calling! That only works if the caller one contacts from the phone also has the HD Voice feature on their phone. Really, this phone is turning out to be a bang for the buck IMHO. From the video reviews I've seen online, battery life seems to be great, too. One of them said he had enough battery left until bedtime. That's with constant gaming and youtube video at 100% brightness.

Here's a fast yet thorough review, better than some of the professional ones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVj_cefn0to

Upvote 0
An
The Tribute also supports HD Voice calling! That only works if the caller one contacts from the phone also has the HD Voice feature on their phone. Really, this phone is turning out to be a bang for the buck IMHO. From the video reviews I've seen online, battery life seems to be great, too. One of them said he had enough battery left until bedtime. That's with constant gaming and youtube video at 100% brightness.

Here's a fast yet thorough review, better than some of the professional ones:
Way to root dis device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones