• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Location + calendar

If I am just being daft, please let me know...

First of all, when I click to add a location to my update, I am surprised that it just gives me the address it thinks I am at, and nothing else. Google Latitude does this but then lets you label a place as Home for example, or select a business nearby to check in to. Why would they not use this exact same technology that they already have in Google+? Seems like a big flaw.

The same goes for the Google Calendar -- it already allows you to create events with descriptions etc, and then invite people who can say yes or no to it. Why this hasn't been incorporated into g+ I don't know!

If I am just being daft, please let me know...

First of all, when I click to add a location to my update, I am surprised that it just gives me the address it thinks I am at, and nothing else. Google Latitude does this but then lets you label a place as Home for example, or select a business nearby to check in to. Why would they not use this exact same technology that they already have in Google+? Seems like a big flaw.

The same goes for the Google Calendar -- it already allows you to create events with descriptions etc, and then invite people who can say yes or no to it. Why this hasn't been incorporated into g+ I don't know!
It's in BETA, G+ not a done deal, if you've noticed, they've been making small changes daily. My suggestion...make a suggestion by clicking the send feedback button. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones