• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock Screen Show Time

Duckster

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
When ever I lock my screen (or it times out into the lock mode), it has a nice feature whereas I can see that I have messages, emails, etc at the bottom of the notification block window (without unlocking the screen). However, it flashes so fast, that it is difficult to actually see the information. Is there a way to adjust the time so that I can see this without having the screen go dark so quickly? This is soooo annoying!

I have been looking all over for this option and there seems to be none. I cannot stand the two seconds they give you to look at the screen, I might as well not even have notifications displayed anymore as there is no time at all to decide what to do. Smart Stay is too inconsistent if it's dark in the room to remedy this, or if your viewing angle isn't perfect the camera won't see your face anyways. I will root my phone over this issue; the warranty can go to hell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones