• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen wallpaper

JLeslie

May 6, 2010
On my Galaxy Nexus I'm wondering if I can set a different wallpaper for the lock screen as compared to the unlocked wallpaper.

I don't see anything in the settings for doing that and I'm not sure if I have any software installed that might allow that.

How can this be done?

JL

Yes, but its not a "stock" feature. You need either a custom launcher or a lockscreen replacement app. Some custom ROMS also include the option.

That jives with what I've read elsewhere. It does seem to me though that I either had a Jellybean upgrade or some software installed that would let me have a separate lock screen wallpaper. I had no use for it at the time so I disabled that. Now that I'd like to use it, I can't find it. Oh well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones