• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Loose Charger Issues

I constantly have issues with charging cables. They tend to become loose in the phone.
After three models of phones all with the same issue I decided to turn here for help.

This has happened to me with the Samsung Galaxy S3, the Moto Droid Razr and now the Asus ZenFone2.
It's especially troublesome with car chargers. The cable seems to sit loose in the charging port and I need to apply tension to it so it will charge or sometimes it just won't charge at all.

Since I got my ZenFone I've tried to stick to the OEM charging cable to ensure that it wasn't because I'm using cheap chargers. But I wanted a car charger, so I looked for one specific to the ZenFone.
I could only find third party ones I bought this Fosmon Start Bundle for the ZenFone because they mentioned the phone model specifically. But when charging with the cable connected to USB the phone says it's an unsupported cable. The car charger worked for a couple of weeks, but now the cable won't sit in the micro USB port anymore, it just falls out.

Based on customer reviews I've ordered this new charger, Aukey Quick Charge Power Bank for Apple and Android Devices as well as a set of charging cables, however I'm really hoping someone can give me some advice on how to avoid this issue in the future.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones