• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Make stopping an alarm easier

countryblue

Dec 6, 2019
I know most people probably want to do the opposite.

I must tap and swipe on that single round button alarm notification to get it to stop, I suppose my protective case makes it harder to register.

alarm 2.png

Is there another method to do it? I would prefer to have it present itself this way by default

alarm.png

or a way to make the round button it more sensitive?

Last edited:
That screen capture you posted is apparently showing the Weather Channel widget, yes?
Is that from your Home Screen or your Lock Screen? Have you gone through all the options in the Weather Channel app Settings menu?
Getting the Dismiss button to also be shown might involve an option in the Weather Channel app, but look into the Notifications menu in your phone's Settings app too.
Google continues to add more of more features into Android itself and third-party developers are doing the same in their apps so at this point there are now issues with a dizzying array of options and settings in the main Settings menu and individual app Settings menus, that may or may not possibly or probably interact with each other.

Upvote 0
That screen capture you posted is apparently showing the Weather Channel widget, yes?
Is that from your Home Screen or your Lock Screen? Have you gone through all the options in the Weather Channel app Settings menu?
Getting the Dismiss button to also be shown might involve an option in the Weather Channel app, but look into the Notifications menu in your phone's Settings app too.
Google continues to add more of more features into Android itself and third-party developers are doing the same in their apps so at this point there are now issues with a dizzying array of options and settings in the main Settings menu and individual app Settings menus, that may or may not possibly or probably interact with each other.
The Home Screen shows that smaller alert popup, which is what I prefer. Believe it or not, I never realized/noticed` until recently that the alarm alert, on the lock screen, was generated by the Weather Channel. The Weather Channel app has no notification settings related to the clock or alarms.

I just uninstalled the Weather Channel app. but, after going to the lock screen, it still produced that lavender alert, with the Weather Channel info at the bottom.

I restarted, and this is what I got. The same lavender alert, but with no Weather Channel stuff

clock.png

Can someone please post an image of what they see from the Lock Screen, if it differs from mine. If not, then where do I go from here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe it's my imagination, but since uninstalling the Weather Channel app, that screen button is now more sensitive/responsive. I don't appreciate tha app insinuating itself there, and particularly how it affects the alarm behavior, as you stated how those things can occur in your post.

I would prefer to dismiss alarms by voice, or I'd like to be able to reach over to my phone and tap a button to dismiss an alarm alert instead of having to pick it up and face the phone to make sure I'm hitting just the right spot on the screen.

Is it possible that this type of action can be et up in Bixby?

Upvote 0
View attachment 167107

Can someone please post an image of what they see from the Lock Screen, if it differs from mine. If not, then where do I go from here?

Maybe able to post a screen-shot later. But my lock-screen alarm looks the same as yours, except for the purple. I just swipe the circled X to cancel the alarm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones