• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Memorial Weekend

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
Do you have big plans for the three day weekend? I hope that you get to spend some quality time with friends and or family. I have a daughter flying in to help her younger sister prepare for her wedding early next month. It's not often that I have the chance to see all of my children at the same time so it will be a special time. We are gathering at my son's house for a big BBQ Monday. It will be a great time.

Though we enjoy the time off and early summer fun with friends and family, it's best that we don't forget the reason we for the "holiday". It is a day to morn and honor the loss of those that gave their lives so that we might enjoy the freedoms of this great nation.

Memorial-Day.jpg

i might have a few friends over....nothing special though. i will be firing up the grill and will be grilling some riblets and hopefully some pizzas on Sunday.

my dad past away almost 10 years ago. he was a cook in the Navy and was in the Korean War working on a battleship. I think my family will be visiting his grave on Sunday as well. probably go for breakfast someplace and then visit my dad........no need for condolences. he past away peacefully. he had Alzheimer's pretty bad. so we kind of mourned him as his mind went away from the disease. i know he is in a much better place now......Alzheimer's is a bitch so donate to the cause if you can.....i do.

anyways Sunday for me is my celebration as i have to work on Monday:cry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was a fun day here. I had lawns to mow and it rained early this morning which changed my plans. I went over to my son's house and saw all my kids then dashed home and mowed five lawns. Took a quick shower and ran back to the party just in time to eat burgers and dogs. Had a few brewskis and came home. The weather was so nice that I took the bike out for a ride. When you have high seventy temps and no wind in Kansas, you had best get out and enjoy it.

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones