• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] Unbrick Guide for this?

Upvote 0
So the T-Mobile kdz file for work the metro phone too?? If so what are the side effects or like the bad things if I instal the T-Mobile one?

Well if u install tmo firm in metro u would lose ur ability to connect through LTE, apps wll not function in some cases.. Cus d mms,sms, data redirection wll b different... Not b.cuz their using same towers means they are using same servers. N redirections... If u use mpcs firm on tmo lte wll not wrk. Same as mms,sms, etc.. Viseverse...
I could b wrong but as for me thats what happened... Im wrking on 2 mpcs 3 tmo, 1 vm.. (Editing, tweaking.. For friends n fam.. N that was my results. So thats how far im getting now u wll hav to know about config. N editing all ur reprogramming info.. U can get them unlock carrier wise... But u would hav to go to hidden menu.. N rewrite all info manually. :-/

Upvote 0
bro im knowing but i wasnt gonna get into a who knows what debate with anybody,im just stoked that this phone can be unbricked,in reality MPCS has the better $plan but once again thats just my opinion....im gonna flash these other KDZ's to me thats the coolest not being locked into any set carrier.

I don't quite understand ur msg... By flashing only the firmware is not gonna allow u to use it w different carrier u need programing as well... Well this is a good way to start if u gonna do it... (Unlock Carrier)How to unlock LG Optimus F3 - m.sim-unlock.net mobile version hope it wrks... And U r right Mpcs has better plan

Edit; I just don't want u to mess up ur phone bro.. We are here to help and prevent our mates in our community to struggle. :)

Reactions: JrossiX
Upvote 0
I don't quite understand ur msg... By flashing only the firmware is not gonna allow u to use it w different carrier u need programing as well... Well this is a good way to start if u gonna do it... (Unlock Carrier)How to unlock LG Optimus F3 - m.sim-unlock.net mobile version hope it wrks... And U r right Mpcs has better plan

Edit; I just don't want u to mess up ur phone bro.. We are here to help and prevent our mates in our community to struggle. :)

Agreed^

The Sprint/VM versions are not unlockable because they are CDMA. Please research what CDMA and GSM phones are so you understand.

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
the ls720 firmware does not work it shuts the update program down every time it gets to the update part,maybe file didnt download correctly i dont know...I accidently flashed motion 4g firmware on f3 by the time i realized it it was at .........PARAM 78 thing & i guess in the moment of panic i hit the table and the phone hit the floor....now its dead wont power on or anything..****KKKKKK!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
the ls720 firmware does not work it shuts the update program down every time it gets to the update part,maybe file didnt download correctly i dont know...I accidently flashed motion 4g firmware on f3 by the time i realized it it was at .........PARAM 78 thing & i guess in the moment of panic i hit the table and the phone hit the floor....now its dead wont power on or anything..****KKKKKK!!!!!!!

Yea....you screwed up big time.
Did u try flashing ls720 before or after motion firmware?

Upvote 0

Yup youre bricked man...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones