• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Michael's Random @$$ Cookbook

In my free time I like to throw stuff in a pot and see how it comes out. I thought I would document it here and let you all know how it tastes. Feel free to try them yourself, although be warned, I rarely measure stuff.

Today's dish, I like to call it the Ultimate Chicken Mac and Cheese Soup.

Ingredients:
1LB boneless, skinless chicken breast
Mrs Dash
Paprika
Ground Cumin
Ground Mustard Seed
Flour
Pepsi Next - Paradise Mango flavor
"No Yolks" Egg White Pasta (Although any pasta will do)
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2LB Velveeta Cheese block

First, I mixed the Mrs Dash, paprika, cumin, mustard, and flour all in a bowl. I didn't measure it but it seemed like about 1/2 of the mix was flour, 1/3 was an equal mixture of Mrs Dash and paprika, and the last remainder was an equal mixture of the cumin and mustard. I then cut the chicken into small 1 inch slices and put it in the seasoning mixture, covering every piece. The chicken was then put into a frying pan on high, and then covered with about 1/3 of the bottle of Pepsi. Fry it until all there is no more Pepsi in the pan.

While that's happened, I had all the noodles cooking in a separate pan. Cook them, drain then, and then put them back in the same pan they were in. Add the 2 cans of condensed soup + 2 cans of water and stir it until the condensed chicken soup is, well, not condensed anymore.

At this point I put the cheese block in the noodles and added the chicken to the mix. Stir until the cheese is melted and mixed up.

The Verdict:
I loved it. Unfortunately no one else is here to try it. I thought the seasoning or the mango pepsi was going to have an overpowering taste, but it all mixed together to have a very great taste.

If you feel like trying something new, go ahead and try this.

IMG_20120815_154528.jpg

I used Velveeta because I already had it in the kitchen, not other reason really. :p

I've always been a firm believer in using sodas when cooking meats. I cooked up a batch of spicy barbeque'd venison for July 4th. I can't remember everything, but know I let the meat soak overnight in Dr Pepper, Mrs Dash, lemons, and various other spices. Made my own custom barbeque sauce for it as well, and I have to say it was one of the best things I've ever concocted.

Upvote 0
i have this posted in summertime is grillin time but thought it would be good here too.

here is something good to try. use full chicken breasts(i do 3 for the 2 of us), garlic, salt and pepper bolth sides. in a frying pan sautee minced or choped garic (quite a bit, i use 6-7 big pieces) and 3/4 of an onoin with some oil 1-2 teaspoons. then put chicken in pan while on medium high for 40 sec's and then flip for like 40 sec's. then pour in white whine whorchester sauce(whole bottle) or if can't find use stubbs marinade for chicken and cover for 25 min's over low heat, flipping now and then. serve with a multi vegi made in tinfoil marinaded on grill(can do so much with vegis marignated in tin foil) and done with a rice of somesort. juiceyiest chicken you will ever have. but next day leftovers will taste great but not as moist and juicey, still great.

Upvote 0
i have this posted in summertime is grillin time but thought it would be good here too.

here is something good to try. use full chicken breasts(i do 3 for the 2 of us), garlic, salt and pepper bolth sides. in a frying pan sautee minced or choped garic (quite a bit, i use 6-7 big pieces) and 3/4 of an onoin with some oil 1-2 teaspoons. then put chicken in pan while on medium high for 40 sec's and then flip for like 40 sec's. then pour in white whine whorchester sauce(whole bottle) or if can't find use stubbs marinade for chicken and cover for 25 min's over low heat, flipping now and then. serve with a multi vegi made in tinfoil marinaded on grill(can do so much with vegis marignated in tin foil) and done with a rice of somesort. juiceyiest chicken you will ever have. but next day leftovers will taste great but not as moist and juicey, still great.

Sounds good, I may have to try it some time.

Upvote 0
Iiiiim baaaaack!

This time I just have something simple.

Deerjitas

I'll be honest, I measured nothing. Started with some deer hind quarter, sliced it up into strips. Poured a little veggie oil in the skillet, dropped in the meat and a handful of fresh veggies. Added a little fajita mix powder and let it cook until the meat was nice and brown.

Slap it on a tortilla and all is done. The peppers and powder didn't mask the game taste, and that's perfect. I love the natural taste of deer, and this combination was perfect.

Note: No the meat was not fully cooked in the pic... Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358110963352.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358110963352.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
Iiiiim baaaaack!

This time I just have something simple.

Deerjitas

I'll be honest, I measured nothing. Started with some deer hind quarter, sliced it up into strips. Poured a little veggie oil in the skillet, dropped in the meat and a handful of fresh veggies. Added a little fajita mix powder and let it cook until the meat was nice and brown.

Slap it on a tortilla and all is done. The peppers and powder didn't mask the game taste, and that's perfect. I love the natural taste of deer, and this combination was perfect.

Note: No the meat was not fully cooked in the pic... Lol

sounds great may have to try that the next time i get some deer meat. mean time some pork looks like it could substitute very well with this dish.

Upvote 0
It's been quite a while, but now that summer is rolling around, I'll be trying some more new things. Naturally, I'll be posting them here too. I'll be posting recipes to my personal blog. I know the administration don't like us to put links to blogs in posts, so PM me if you would like the URL. :)

First recipe of 2014 out of my mind: Michael's Summer Burgers*

*actually cooked in Spring

1LB ground beef - I used Lean 97/3

6 strips of raw bacon

1/4 diced onion

2 whole jalapenos, diced

Salt

Pepper

One Whole Pineapple

Sliced Swiss Cheese

Place the bacon strips in a food processor, and get it to the same basic consistency of your ground beef. Put the beef, bacon, onions, jalapeno, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Fold the ingredients together until you get a uniform mixture. Split the meat into 4 similar sized patties, and grill to preference. Top with Swiss. Slice the pineapple into thin disks (remember to remove the core) and grill. I sliced 4 disks for each burger, and chopped the rest of the pineapple as a side dish, also grilled.

Verdict:
The jalape

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones