• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Network State Disconnected

TRBob

Lurker
Nov 4, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with my S3. It's a UK phone, with Android version 4.1.1 on the Three network. At night I turn off the mobile data, so when I get emails an 5 in the morning it doesn't wake me up. Anyway, this morning I turned the mobile data back on and nothing happened.

In the phone status section it says Mobile Network State - Disconnected even though in the pull down menu (where you have wifi, GPS, sound, screen rotation etc...) at the top mobile data is selected to be on, but the icon with the up and down orange and green arrows next to the battery charge and phone signal is not there. I can still make calls and send/receive texts. I can still get data through the wi fi connection when connected to my home router.

A friend had a similar problem with her new S3 a few days ago, she is on the Virgin network and they told her that all her settings had disappeared, apparently they are in the manual which she didn't get with the phone (neither did I). They instructed her over the phone what to do to sort it out and it works now. I bought my phone from Amazon and used my Three SIM card.

I've just updated to the latest firmware (4.1.1) and still have the same problem, does anyone know how to fix this please?

Apparently 3 are having network problems at the moment,... so i wouldn't do anything drastic just yet...

3G Issues on 3? | Coolsmartphone

The same thing happened to me on O2 last month... I'd just installed some software and the 02 network fell over. I thought I'd done something stupid to my phone and panicked until I found out everyone else was complaining about them...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones