• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help More everything 15 GB plan (EDGE)

814 htc evo

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2011
Erie, Pa
I currently have the old more everything 15 GB plan, I also received a 2gb promo for two years at no additional cost. I also currently recieve a $25 discount off each line for being on edge. I no longer need or use even close to the 15gb's.. I was trying to look into switching but the verizon plan doesn't seem to appealing and I'm confused.

First will I lose my $25 discount off each line?
2. If I drop down to the 6GB verizon plan will I save more than $30.00 because if not the switch isn't worth it to me as I have two lines and if we go over then it would screw me.
3. Will I lose my 2gb promo which wasn't originally included with my current plan?
4. Is the verizon plan actually cheaper than the regular plans they still offer? The my verizon app showed a comparison of my current vs possible new plan choice but I don't trust that damn app given I currently have two lines, $25 discount off each line, employee discount, 2GB of promo data, and as I previously stated I'm still on Edge/more everything and I really don't want to drop a huge amount of data only to save $20 for two lines that'd be stupid and I don't want to get a b/s sales rep who doesn't know their A$$ from a hole in the wall so if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate your help thanks again!!

I had questions like yours, and the only way to get the exact info is to dial 611 and talk to CS.

They were very nice to me, and gave me 3 or 4 options to go with. My choice won't match your needs.
but I ended up on the 2XL T-Shirt plan with 6 gB and 4 lines sharing the data...

my daughter and I are the only users, and use about 2 gB/month.

If you make any change, all of the discounts will disappear "usually"

I gave up a single UDP line, two 1x lines and a MiFi modem.

After the change over to the above mentioned plan, I have 3 smartphones and a MiFi for the same exact price I had before. For this family, it was a Win Win ...

Upvote 0
They won't..... there is NO Pressure for you to take a plan.
In fact, my CS lady looked at my History for the last 3 or 4 years, and she said.... "You don't need a big data plan, the highest usage you have ever had is 1.2 gB, so go with a 3 or 6 gB plan."

that was nice of her, I had a 30 day motorcycle vacation planned and knew I would need more than 3 gb, so I went with 6 gB...

she also said that I can renew my current UDP, but fiscally, it didn't make much sense to do so... but it is my choice.

I've been with Verizon for 25 years, and have had a lot of CS calls thru the years.
I have never felt any pressure from them to do something I did not want to do.

I have always been specific about what I am wanting to do, and that pretty much defines the conversation from that point on.

It is up to you, to set the fences for the discussion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones