• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Z Force Droid on at&t

ItnStln511

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2011
The Eastern Seaboard
Has anyone been able to get the Verizon Moto Z Force Droid to work on at&t? I am looking for full LTE support as well as the ability to disable LTE for when I am overseas and use HSPA+. I put my SIM Card in one at a store and only got HSPA+, but the rep didn't know about LTE support. Is there an international version that I should be looking at instead?

I haven't used this phone (or any, actually) on AT&T. However, AT&T's LTE bands are 2, 4, 5, 17. This phone has 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13.

So, it's missing band 17. It probably won't have LTE everywhere a phone designed for AT&T, or an unlocked phone, would have it.

The Z Force is proprietary to Verizon Wireless. Of course there are unlocked versions of the Moto Z and the Z Play. Unlike the Droid Turbo 2, which had the international Moto X Force sibling, as of now, there is no such sibling to the Z Force Droid. At this point, 6 months after the phone was released, I'd doubt that there will be one.

Upvote 0
I haven't used this phone (or any, actually) on AT&T. However, AT&T's LTE bands are 2, 4, 5, 17. This phone has 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13. So, it's missing band 17. It probably won't have LTE everywhere a phone designed for AT&T, or an unlocked phone, would have it.The Z Force is proprietary to Verizon Wireless. Of course there are unlocked versions of the Moto Z and the Z Play. Unlike the Droid Turbo 2, which had the international Moto X Force sibling, as of now, there is no such sibling to the Z Force Droid. At this point, 6 months after the phone was released, I'd doubt that there will be one.

I didn't know about the missing Band 17. Is there a way to see what band my phone uses? Also is there a way to disable LTE like the Nexus phones have?

Upvote 0
As far as I know, there is no way to see which band the phone is connected to. I'm not sure if there is or there is not a way to disable LTE.

Thanks! I want the Moto Z Force Droid, but want opinions on how well it's held up. How long have you had yours and have you had any issues with it? If you were to go buy a new phone today, would the Moto Z Force Droid be your pick or would something else be?

Upvote 0
I do not own the Z Force. You'll have to get somebody else's opinion about it. From what I have read here and on other forums, it sounds like a solid and reliable phone. I hate big phones myself, so I think that the only phone that I would get these days is the Pixel. That's just me.

Upvote 0
I do not own the Z Force. You'll have to get somebody else's opinion about it. From what I have read here and on other forums, it sounds like a solid and reliable phone. I hate big phones myself, so I think that the only phone that I would get these days is the Pixel. That's just me.
I'm actually leaning towards the Pixel because of its support for Band 17. Thanks for the suggestion!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones