• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help music and or sd card problems?

glezga

Mar 20, 2012
desire c is only a week old and tried 2 memory cards. i placed about 5gig of music on the memory card on day 1 and used them with no probs for a few days. sometimes it now says no music files and sometimes there are some files but add unknown artists with like 3 tracks from an existing album?

anyway ive tried loading the files all mp3 through wifi, usb and directly from memory card reader with no luck on each, even if i put say 20 albums on through windows explorer and card reader the phone picks up some but not others? and when i re insert the card in pc only the oned the phone picked up remains?

ive tried creating a music folder on the sd card and dropping them straight on the main directory.

also some of the files that make it to the phone only play for a few seconds then start the next track a few secs?

my head is hurting i hope this is a know fixable issue. any helps peeps?

thanks

thanks for the reply! i tried that scan app and from a differnt pc and still the same problems, the files started showing up in astro all gobbeldygook.

i tried another small 1G card and its working perfect? the one i had used was a 16G HC, maybe this isnt supported? can anyone confirm this as 1G just isnt enough.

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones