• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music app and long tracks

SFA_AOK

Aug 10, 2009
Has anyone else noticed that the default music player really lags with large (or long as in 'length of time') MP3s? I started playing a podcast that's around an hour long and the music player virtually locked the phone up me - though to its credit it was playing the podcast and the phone did come back to life!

I would play around with some different length MP3s but it's currently paused halfway through the podcast and don't want to lose my place so I can continue listening to it tonight :D

Has anyone else noticed that the default music player really lags with large (or long as in 'length of time') MP3s? I started playing a podcast that's around an hour long and the music player virtually locked the phone up me - though to its credit it was playing the podcast and the phone did come back to life!

I would play around with some different length MP3s but it's currently paused halfway through the podcast and don't want to lose my place so I can continue listening to it tonight :D

Nope, sorry. I've spent a large portion of my time this last week doing the same as you. Maybe try a task manager app to see if something else is causing the problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones