• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music problem transferred to SD card

Canesfan

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2011
the Desert
Transferred my music from iTunes to a new SD card. (The card was bought at Best Buy, and am certain it is not a bootlegged card.) My problem is that my music, when streamed to various Bluetooth devices, exhibits occasional skipping, some worse than others. On most tracks, there are 1-5 split-second skips during playback.

It has also happened with two other SD cards with my Note 4. When I play the same tracks from my iTunes collection on the same Bluetooth device but using my iPad, it doesn't skip. Is this therefore an Android problem, or my individual phone's? Anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

I have streamed music via Bluetooth to four devices over the time I have had my Note 3/4. These are

Sony head unit in my old car (cannot remember the model)
Sony MW600 headset adapter
Samsung HS3000 headset adapter
Media center in my Toyota Auris

In all cases, other than the Toyota, there were/are a few dropouts. I would say that I got about 5 - 20 glitches an hour. I assumed at first that these were caused by interference (because the adapters wound need to send/receive through my body and the Sony head unit was so cheap), but the dropouts were very much worse when I upgraded to Lollipop. Even the Toyota media center would have problems. I reverted back to KitKat (actually this was my main reason for doing so) and the glitches went back to normal.

So, in my experience, the quality of the Bluetooth device (and probably the version of Bluetooth it supports) is relevant, but also the OS of the phone has an impact.

Regards,
Eric.

Reactions: Canesfan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones