• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My battery drain solution.

Hey all, have been reading about people suffering with severe battery drain on their Nexus s i.e <12hrs
I initially suffered with the same problems but have found a solution that seems to have worked wonders for my battery life.

Ok, at night I plug my phone in and place it on my bedside table as a bedside clock (I used the standard clock not an app) press the dimmer button so its not to bright and is left on overnight...
When I wake in the morning the phone is showing "charging 99%" I then turn the display off and leave it plugged in for a further 2-3 mins until it shows "charged" then unplug the phone and use as normal.

My battery now lasts all day (from about 7am - midnight) and usually has around 30-40% remaining when its plugged in that night.

My screen is on Auto, Facebook Twitter & Tweetdeck is set to refresh every 15mins, Medium use for calls, heavy use for texts, some internet browsing, regular checking of Sky news, Sky+ app, sometimes games (angry birds) so it is used quite heavily.

Give it a try and see if it makes a difference for you.

Hope this helps!

Graham.

Reactions: goat200
Hey all, have been reading about people suffering with severe battery drain on their Nexus s i.e <12hrs
I initially suffered with the same problems but have found a solution that seems to have worked wonders for my battery life.

Ok, at night I plug my phone in and place it on my bedside table as a bedside clock (I used the standard clock not an app) press the dimmer button so its not to bright and is left on overnight...
When I wake in the morning the phone is showing "charging 99%" I then turn the display off and leave it plugged in for a further 2-3 mins until it shows "charged" then unplug the phone and use as normal.

My battery now lasts all day (from about 7am - midnight) and usually has around 30-40% remaining when its plugged in that night.

My screen is on Auto, Facebook Twitter & Tweetdeck is set to refresh every 15mins, Medium use for calls, heavy use for texts, some internet browsing, regular checking of Sky news, Sky+ app, sometimes games (angry birds) so it is used quite heavily.

Hope this helps!

Graham.

Here when I plug it before sleep (the phone closed) and I open it on morning it show charged at 95% only... If I let it charging while he is open its gonna go to 100% in minutes.. but me this extra 5% gonna be eated under 30 min.

Upvote 0
Hey all, have been reading about people suffering with severe battery drain on their Nexus s i.e &lt;12hrs

When I wake in the morning the phone is showing &quot;charging 99%&quot; I then turn the display off and leave it plugged in for a further 2-3 mins until it shows &quot;charged&quot; then unplug the phone and use as normal.

My screen is on Auto, Facebook Twitter &amp; Tweetdeck is set to refresh every 15mins, Medium use for calls, heavy use for texts, some internet browsing, regular checking of Sky news, Sky+ app, sometimes games (angry birds) so it is used quite heavily.

Hope this helps!

Graham.

Are you on wifi, if so how long and do you keep 3g on all day. What's your brightness setting? Have you ever conditioned your battery? Sorry, I'm just curious because I'm trying to find many solutions to this battery drain issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones