• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Eris replacement story

Well I am getting sent a warranty replacement because of my Silent Call issue. I will be rooting and overclocking as soon as my replacement gets here on Friday with the OTA on it.

Might want to hold off on the rooting till you can make sure the new phone doesn't have the silent call issue too. (To save yourself the trouble of having to un-root if you need another replacement.)

Upvote 0
so Best Buy is awesome. I got my Eris about a month ago and the Mic had been cutting out. I installed the leak from theunlockr.com about 3 days before the OTA update launched.

I went in and asked what the exchange policy was and they opened a new eris for me, switched it in the account, and put a new zagg shield on for me.

great job best buy! ps, 2.1 prompted me and ran just fine off the store's internet. lol.

Upvote 0
Well I might try to replace my leak v3 phone, but that's because I keep having the silent call issue (which apparently is present in the OTA as well and is a hardware issue).

I took my phone with the leak v3 on it, into to Verizon yesterday. I told them I was having a problem with the sound going out and when I plugged the phone into a computer, it wouldn't register, it just charged, it wouldn't let me "mount". The rep looked at it for about 3 seconds and ordered me a new phone, which I got in the mail today....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones