• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) factory reset and now is stuck on checking for updates PLEASE HELP

nathanzab

Lurker
Jul 15, 2016
Just like in the title I had a rooted Verizion Samsung Galaxy S4. I didn't have anything custom from the root.I have a pattern password and sometimes I swipe too quick too many times and have to type my backup pin. I have my pin as 2568 and it wasn't accepting it and I was stupid and kept trying and forgot I had eraser after 10 tries on. After 10 tries it deleted everything and took me to the setup wizard and I went through it until it said "Software update" "Checking for updates" and now everything hasn't worked. I went into safe mode, I went into the recovery menu and reset everything, etc. now I don't even know what to try. PLEASE HELP:(:(

Just like in the title I had a rooted Verizion Samsung Galaxy S4. I didn't have anything custom from the root.I have a pattern password and sometimes I swipe too quick too many times and have to type my backup pin. I have my pin as 2568 and it wasn't accepting it and I was stupid and kept trying and forgot I had eraser after 10 tries on. After 10 tries it deleted everything and took me to the setup wizard and I went through it until it said "Software update" "Checking for updates" and now everything hasn't worked. I went into safe mode, I went into the recovery menu and reset everything, etc. now I don't even know what to try. PLEASE HELP:(:(
If you haven't made any progress yet let me know and I'll see if I can help you get it running again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones