• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
How do I kill this notification.

Android System; Power Key
You can try going into Settings > Apps > Power Key > Notifications, and see if there is anything to turn off specific to your need.
However, the Play Store description of this app reads like it is operating as designed, so it may not be possible:
"This app allows you to easily turn off the power of your smartphone through the notification bar, widget, and on-screen power button."

If you can't eliminate the unwanted notification, you should at least be able to make it silent.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You can try going into Settings > Apps > Power Key > Notifications, and see if there is anything to turn off specific to your need.
However, the Play Store description of this app reads like it is operating as designed, so it may not be possible:
"This app allows you to easily turn off the power of your smartphone through the notification bar, widget, and on-screen power button."

If you can't eliminate the unwanted notification, you should at least be able to make it silent.

I have no 'Power Key' under 'Apps.' For the record, Samsung S21

Upvote 0
Looks like you're almost right. Was getting 30-50 mystery notifications/day. Now just 1-2. Any way to silence the "Power Key" notification?

The best advice I can give you is leave the case off for a few days and hopefully it will correct itself, but something might be permanently bent.

I have seen the tight case issue come up a few times over the years going all the way back to Palm phones. Sometimes leaving the case off for a while corrects the problem, sometimes it doesn't.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I've had mystery notifications (audible notification with no popup) for about two years. Installed Nice Catch and now now the cause of the notifications.
How do I kill this notification.

Android System; Power Key
i am not sure i understand. are you saying that you do not know the cause of the notifications? or you do know?

and i think you are talking about Catch Notification History Log (Catch Notification History Log - Apps on Google Play) correct?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
i am not sure i understand. are you saying that you do not know the cause of the notifications? or you do know?

and i think you are talking about Catch Notification History Log (Catch Notification History Log - Apps on Google Play) correct?

Didn't know the cause. Looks like AugieTN has found the solution to most (all?) of those mystery notifications. Hope to know for sure by tomorrow

Reactions: AugieTN and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The best advice I can give you is leave the case off for a few days and hopefully it will correct itself, but something might be permanently bent.

I have seen the tight case issue come up a few times over the years going all the way back to Palm phones. Sometimes leaving the case off for a while corrects the problem, sometimes it doesn't.

Looks like you were right. Removing the case for a day and putting it back on has eliminated the mystery notifications. So far . . .
YOU DA MAN

Reactions: Hadron and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones