• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

N2A Card to get Android Kitkat on Nook Tablet

la sal

Android Expert
Feb 19, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Barnes & Noble Nook tablets get Android 4.4 KitKat courtesy of N2A Cards

I just purchased an N2A card, for my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet, to get Android 4.4 Kitkat without bloat.

I didn't have a Sandisk class 4 SD card and adapter (needed) so I purchased their 8GB card. With free shipping it came out to $30.

Since the forum doesn't have a much support for the Nook tablet, I did not want to root and put Kitkat on myself.

Has anyone purchased from N2A Cards and what has your experience been?

So far it has not been a real great experience. I put the N2A card in and the Kitkat installation failed the first time. On the second attempt it installed but the program is very buggy. When I start up my Nook Tablet, sometimes it starts up Android 2.3 (no Google Play Store obviously) instead of Android 4.4. I guess it is time to do some reading over at N2A Cards. :banghead:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones