• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nandroid Backups (TWRP)

Actually, after what looks like a completely successful restore, the device boot loops trying to reboot to SYSTEM (from TWRP)

It looks like the backup filed are something like win000, win001, etc that are actually tar files.

I'm wondering if I got into terminal mode on TWRP, could I just extract the tar files to restore the partition??

I've always used tar to b/u and restore /data/media.

FWIW, the device is a Pixel 3a running android 11 and the version 11 compatible TWRP flash file.

Help if you can...... Thanks

Upvote 0
hmmmm in my days of rooting, i never really looked into what makes up a nandroid backup.....never went that deep.

so are you saying that after wiping cache and dalvik cache and you select the nandroid backup to restore, it just bootloops? what happened before you tried to restore a nandroid backup? was there any issues? did you try flashing a rom? do you have any other nandroid backups you can try flashing?

Upvote 0
I've given up on TWRP..... I'm now using a Windows .bat file to backup ALL partitions on the device. It works great except throws errors on these two partitions : mmcblk0 and mmcblk0rpmb

I've read that these two partitions are not REALLY partitions at all, but are some sort of "special" files within the /dev/block directory.

The question is do I have a complete Nandroid back up without these two included?? Anyone??

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones