• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need a firmware for MXV S805

milo23

Lurker
Mar 9, 2023
Hello,
i need a firmware for MXV android TV box, CPU Amlogic S805, Photos attached.
I currently have android 4.4.2, which latest can be uploaded to this device?

I want to use an app like sweet.tv. The minimum requirement for this app is android 5.0

Only the producers of a given tv box issue an update or are there boxes that enthusiasts on the internet remake?

I am asking because I read that the xiaomi software can be uploaded to the tv box with the s905 chip.

Upvote 0
After starting the TV box, the word MBOX appears, should I provide something else?
Model number. It should be underneath or behind in the back.

I want to use an app like sweet.tv. The minimum requirement for this app is android 5.0

Only the producers of a given tv box issue an update or are there boxes that enthusiasts on the internet remake?

I am asking because I read that the xiaomi software can be uploaded to the tv box with the s905 chip.
There is no dev community for such a device, so you will not find anything custom (like custom roms or firmware) to upgrade your device to android 5.

Upvote 0
Firmware are very device specific. Using a firmware from another device is asking fir trouble. At the very least you would need a firmware from the device. Whoever makes the box, I doubt you will find that kind of support.
Yes, I don't think we're going to get firmware updates for the TV box (beyond what the manufacturer's already given)! But maybe we don't have to. Maybe we don't need a firmware update to get sweet.tv, or something akin to it, onto that TV box.

Upvote 0
What tv box do you recommend? MXQ? or maybe mecool? or maybe something else?

I'm still thinking about:
Chromecast
Xiaomi
Realme
or just the cheapest like this: https://allegro.pl/oferta/smart-box-tv-4k-android-10-wifi-bt-przystawka-tv-13005935715
or something similar.
A new TV box may well be the way to go. For one thing: It's unlikely that your Android 4 box is still getting security updates. But jf you do keep using your current one, you should probably use the Puffin Cloud Browser on it. It's the only browser I know of that still gets security updates on Android 4. You don't want a browser without security updates, on top of an operating system without security updates!

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones