• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs Need help with building a rom and recovery for the LG Power

y50c

Oct 2, 2015
I can't find a recovery for the phone and I would like to build one. I know I need ubuntu, that I have. But I can't figure out where to go from there. The guides I have found on how to build TWRP are unclear and just dont make sense. And the CWM build guide is beyond complicated. I haven't built a ROM before, but I think I may know how to do it. I know I need a recovery before a ROM.

I would like to build a ROM because I could learn what its all about. I need a stock ROM for the phone first as one dev told me, I cant find that.

When I have asked devs on other sites they always give me a complicated guide that they probably did not use to build a recovery with. One thing I have learned is that devs dont like to share there knowledge. I dont know why.

Thanks.

I can't find a recovery for the phone and I would like to build one. I know I need ubuntu, that I have. But I can't figure out where to go from there. The guides I have found on how to build TWRP are unclear and just dont make sense. And the CWM build guide is beyond complicated. I haven't built a ROM before, but I think I may know how to do it. I know I need a recovery before a ROM.

I would like to build a ROM because I could learn what its all about. I need a stock ROM for the phone first as one dev told me, I cant find that.

When I have asked devs on other sites they always give me a complicated guide that they probably did not use to build a recovery with. One thing I have learned is that devs dont like to share there knowledge. I dont know why.

Thanks.
Because its a waste of their time telling u and as well sometimes ppl try to.steal.their ideas

Upvote 0
Use this device tree and make edits for the LG Power from info the boot.img gives you: https://github.com/TeamRegular/twrp_device_lge_c50

Be sure to add the Power kernel binary and delete the Leon binary
Thanks! Are you sure that will work? The device codename is differnt from the one of the LG Power. c50 vs. y50c.

And where would I get the files from the Power? Would it be from the LG OpenSource site? Download the kernel or something?

Upvote 0
I'm sure. They are the same devices. Pull your boot.img from your phone and then decompile it using this: https://github.com/xiaolu/mkbootimg_tools

Once done, you will take both kernel binary and dt.img from your boot.img and place them in your tree

Edit: If you want, I can see about adding cm support for your device, depending on bootloader status

Last edited:
Reactions: y50c
Upvote 0
I'm sure. They are the same devices. Pull your boot.img from your phone and then decompile it using this: https://github.com/xiaolu/mkbootimg_tools

Once done, you will take both kernel binary and dt.img from your boot.img and place them in your tree

Edit: If you want, I can see about adding cm support for your device, depending on bootloader status
Thanks!!!! I am sure I can get the boot.img out on the interwebs, but how would I compile it when its all said and done? And also the Power does not have 5.1 and it looks like the recovery is for 5.1. Would it still work?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones