• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with return to stock for Galaxy Rush

lyric234

Lurker
Dec 19, 2012
Hi, I recently followed the instructions to return my Rush to stock so that i could get the OTA update to jellybean 4.1.2 ... I used the stock rom deodexed and then put the stock recovery on via odin. I unrooted and then did a factory data reset hoping my phone would be back to out of the box condition. I tried to update and got an abort error code 7 (Something about adb sideload not being available). I then downloaded kies and tried to upfate the firmware that way and this was the result.... it says that my devices current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies. Current firmware version : PDA:MB3 / PHONE:LK7 / CSC:MB3 (BST)
anyone have any idea what i did wrong? 1373729023848.jpg

im curious.. which rom are you using?is it customized in any other way other than deodex? like is it debloated to some extent..? could be missing some neccessary files..?

im sure this is not the case lol but just curious... and also have you tried turning adb (usb debugging) on & off etc..?

also, while your trying to update is your device plugged into a computer on mass storage mode or something of that nature? just trying to cover all bases?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones