• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with technical question, maybe reverting back to 2.3.3 on Galaxy SII depending on you

So here's an interesting scenario. I have a Galaxy S and a Galaxy SII both on Bell network. the S is on 2.3.3 as it's the latest OS for it. My SII on the other hand has the typical 4.0.3 ICS. My S downloads via tether at about 500-600KB/s steady when using things such as usenets and downloads from servers like microsoft or whatever. My SII downloads at 200KB/s in the exact same spot. I've tried it several times with the same file my older S on 2.3.3 is triple the speed when downloading....the ultimate question is why? is the S better designed than the SII for downloading? or is it software related and 2.3.3 is superior to 4.0.3 when it comes to download speeds? I'm asking this so I know wether or not I need to spend 3 hours trying to research how to revert 4.0.3 to 2.3.3 or 2.3.5 whatever the oldest gingerbread is that SII will allow me to load on. In case you're wondering why I don't just use the S and save myself the hastle, I don't want 2 phones and I sold the S last week so I don't have it anymore.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones