• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Galaxy S10 and Mobile Number

I got my new Galaxy S10 SM-G937F mobile phone yesterday which I set up and transfer the data over withiy any problems arising. Whilst checking everything I came across this oddity.

Just recently I had my Three mobile number hacked and ported to Vodafone. Three gave me a new SIM and a temporary number while they ported my original number back from Vodafone. Only a few days ago I got my original number back plus 1 £20 bonus because of all the problems..

When I go to Settings/Connections/SIM Card Manager I see that:

SIM 1 is described as Three Mobile, LTE/3G/2G with the mobile number shown as my temporary mobile number. (As it should be apart from the incorrect number)

SIM 2 is shown as blank (As it should be).

The SIM 1 in my mobile works correctly with calls, messages and the internet using my old number.

With wifi turned off texts and calls work OK using the correct, original number and I can use the internet OK

Why is the incorrect temporary number shown and does it matter.

Normally I would have asked Three but recently they have been almost completely out of touch. I am still trying.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones