• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Homepage layout is squished

HarryC

Sep 25, 2013
20221215_110511.jpg
After a recent update on my Samsung tablet the app icons seemed to have squashed towards the center of the screen and cleared the sides in landscape mode (pretty much my only use). The icons along the bottom used to span the entire width but now they're squashed into the center.

If the launcher was updated (the app that provides the desktop) then this may well be a choice Samsung made. I don't have a Samsung tablet so can't compare.

If there's no setting that fixes this you can always use a third-party replacement launcher and get your space back that way.

Upvote 0
Check in your Settings menu for any option relating to Display or Resolution. You need to bump up the screen sizing to restore it back to what you had previously.
Did this occur when you were playing some kind of game app? Some game apps change the display size when you're using them and restore the display size when you quit, but some poorly crafted apps fail to restore the same resolution.

Upvote 0
this might be a good time to try out some custom launchers. i have been using Nova Launcher. it has way more customizations and you have complete control of the dock( that is what the very bottom is called).

also if you pay a one time fee for Nova Launcher Prime you can unlock so much more customizations that will make your tablet seem like a completely new device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones