• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New LG Connect 4G User Questions (Please Answer)

I have many questions and I couldn't possibly say them all , So I am going to list some and whoever is kind and cares about helping or showing people around , can please answer this (I am not dumb but not the smartest)

1. Any lightweight keyboard (Not the LG Keyboard , It drains tons , And not the Gingerbread keyboard) One that won't drain a lot and that actually looks a bit nice :)

2. Any secret menu or item that you think I would have missed or have never noticed yet (I checked every preloaded app and most of them are lame)

3. Any roots for this phone (I want to delete all that bloatware , not ALL but most of it :) )

4. If I use a Samsung Android Charger Instead of the in-box LG charger , Will it damage the phone/battery? Since the LG charger just looks horrible and is short , The Samsung Charger (From Admire) Is Better , Tougher , Etc (Ehhh...)

5. Where would I get the best charge? Using the USB adapter at a wall port thing , with a car charger , or from USB?

6. Are battery savers fake or do they actually help? Which do recommend and why? Also which settings on it you recommend (I am not the best with setting them up , Like Juice Defender looked a bit hard but I can't figure out the BEST settings (I like my brightness my way , not lowering it the lowest and not the highest)

7. Any ways to save battery? I know you can disable mobile data? Any 3G/4G toggle apps that actually work (I tried like 4 and none of them work )

8. I got the phone yesterday , and I got a heat sensor alert but it wasn't the serious one in the corner , should I be concerned if it happens again?

9.I was on a game and the phone got a bit hot (Dead Space) and then it randomly rebooted? Should I get worried or is it normal? Or a few times it might happen?

10. I can't keep a stable 4G connection , In a part of Massachusetts , I get straight 4G no problem , Then in the area where I live and family live , I get 1x which is designed for old phones so Good for web , Bad for Apps and bad for Videos :( 4G is so fast but my house has bad signal , I get 1x with 1 bar and slow internet loading... Is it the signal? Phone?

11. I need to charge the phone 2-3 times without a battery saver , is it a bad batch of batterys? Horrible batterys? Do you have a short lasting battery?

12. Any tempeture indicator app/downloadable program from the Play Store (Used to be the Android Market) that shows the temp in the notification bar?

13. Any way to remove the music player in the notification bar (It takes space and it is sort of annoying and ugly (I like ICS themes / the Samsung Admire's app drawing and notification bar)

14. How to change the notification's bar icons? Like change the green and red arrows to blue or change the colors of them? Any way?

15. Is there a way to put incompatible games on this phone? Like Brother in Arms? I really wanted to play it but it is not compatible (Bummer) and I can't find another FPS without Paying!

16. Any racing , shooting , FPS , MMO , MMORPG , etc games that are free or paid , that are compatible with this LG Connect 4G phone?

17. Any way to get the full ICS for this phone? Are they working on it? Will it ever be released as a ROM or Over the air (OTA) update by MetroPCS?

18.If I go to Europe or Puerto Rico (Just for example) Will I get signal , Or will I most likely need another carrier? (I don't travel a lot but when I do sometimes I want to atleast have 1x (3G) Signal....

19.How to I get a custom notification bar like the picture below (If the picture works -_-)
ae8dd514-6625-7e37.jpg

(Picture is from another user , Called ChiweN)

And lastly the last question....

I have many questions and I couldn't possibly say them all , So I am going to list some and whoever is kind and cares about helping or showing people around , can please answer this (I am not dumb but not the smartest)

1. Any lightweight keyboard (Not the LG Keyboard , It drains tons , And not the Gingerbread keyboard) One that won't drain a lot and that actually looks a bit nice :)

2. Any secret menu or item that you think I would have missed or have never noticed yet (I checked every preloaded app and most of them are lame)

3. Any roots for this phone (I want to delete all that bloatware , not ALL but most of it :) )

4. If I use a Samsung Android Charger Instead of the in-box LG charger , Will it damage the phone/battery? Since the LG charger just looks horrible and is short , The Samsung Charger (From Admire) Is Better , Tougher , Etc (Ehhh...)

5. Where would I get the best charge? Using the USB adapter at a wall port thing , with a car charger , or from USB?

6. Are battery savers fake or do they actually help? Which do recommend and why? Also which settings on it you recommend (I am not the best with setting them up , Like Juice Defender looked a bit hard but I can't figure out the BEST settings (I like my brightness my way , not lowering it the lowest and not the highest)

7. Any ways to save battery? I know you can disable mobile data? Any 3G/4G toggle apps that actually work (I tried like 4 and none of them work )

8. I got the phone yesterday , and I got a heat sensor alert but it wasn't the serious one in the corner , should I be concerned if it happens again?

9.I was on a game and the phone got a bit hot (Dead Space) and then it randomly rebooted? Should I get worried or is it normal? Or a few times it might happen?

10. I can't keep a stable 4G connection , In a part of Massachusetts , I get straight 4G no problem , Then in the area where I live and family live , I get 1x which is designed for old phones so Good for web , Bad for Apps and bad for Videos :( 4G is so fast but my house has bad signal , I get 1x with 1 bar and slow internet loading... Is it the signal? Phone?

11. I need to charge the phone 2-3 times without a battery saver , is it a bad batch of batterys? Horrible batterys? Do you have a short lasting battery?

12. Any tempeture indicator app/downloadable program from the Play Store (Used to be the Android Market) that shows the temp in the notification bar?

13. Any way to remove the music player in the notification bar (It takes space and it is sort of annoying and ugly (I like ICS themes / the Samsung Admire's app drawing and notification bar)

14. How to change the notification's bar icons? Like change the green and red arrows to blue or change the colors of them? Any way?

15. Is there a way to put incompatible games on this phone? Like Brother in Arms? I really wanted to play it but it is not compatible (Bummer) and I can't find another FPS without Paying!

16. Any racing , shooting , FPS , MMO , MMORPG , etc games that are free or paid , that are compatible with this LG Connect 4G phone?

17. Any way to get the full ICS for this phone? Are they working on it? Will it ever be released as a ROM or Over the air (OTA) update by MetroPCS?

18.If I go to Europe or Puerto Rico (Just for example) Will I get signal , Or will I most likely need another carrier? (I don't travel a lot but when I do sometimes I want to atleast have 1x (3G) Signal....

19.How to I get a custom notification bar like the picture below (If the picture works -_-)
ae8dd514-6625-7e37.jpg

(Picture is from another user , Called ChiweN)

And lastly the last question....

What is this a survey or something? :p
1. Smart Keyboard Pro(Has themes too)
2. I don't know.
3. Roots? Thought you already rooted. They made a thread of apps you can remove.
4. I use a samgung charger to charge my lg esteem and nothing had happened.
5. The wall(works for me, at least).
6. I use juice defender and it saves me a lot of juice, but it all depends on the user.
7. There's a thread on how to switch between 3g/4g. Juice defender has an app that disables data or you can do it manually from wifi setting>mobile networks.
8. Would not know seeing as I don't have a connect.
9. Please refer to answer #8 :p
10. Its just the area. Some places have 4g others don't.
11. Just depends on how much you use your phone.
12. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.bmw
13. Go to the music player and press menu>setting> show notification(uncheck it)
14. Rom toolbox or http://uot.dakra.lt/
15. If its not compitable then there is a reason for it. Don't know around it.
16. Contract Killer.
17. From metropcs = doubt it but anything can happen. There is no ics for the connect as a rom.
18. No signal :/
19. Refer to answer #4, chiwen made a status that makes it look like ics. Look for it in the all root section.
20. Juice defender, set cpu, cachemate, fast reboot, and bomb that task.

There you go and not to be rude but its really unnecessary to make the same thread in the main connect forum and in the all things root section. For some of these questions you already made two of the same threads. The all things root section was made for things relating to root. You will still get the same answers from the connecters(is that a word? Lol) and from the esteemers since they will likely go to the all things root section of this forum.

Upvote 0
1 - I also recomment Smart Keyboard Pro. Cheap VERY good keyboard with TONS of options and themes and its the lightest keyboard Ive tried. As an addendum, you can use an app to backup and then uninstall Swype to keep it from running and draining your battery

2 - LG Connect Optimizer (its like 1.99 on the market) has access to a couple of options not available normally. If your not using Broken Out ROM Id recommend it

3 - I think you mean ROMs. There are stock debloated and broken out in the root thread list. I like broken out but it DOES have some bugs that need to be worked out before its perfect, the bugs are pretty minor though (some people are having trouble with bluetooth, some people cant get CPU overclock values to stick, etc)

4 - No, NO usb charger can damage another usb device, thats the whole point because usb is universal. now some chargers have different rated amperages so one charger might charge faster or slower depending on that, but theyll never damage it unless they are malfunctioning somehow.

5 - Wall chargers ALWAYS give you the fastest charge. Car chargers can only give you so much amps, same with the motherboard in your PC. Look for a travel charger with 1.0A or more output

6 - Juice Defender works GREAT. Just set it to turn data off with screen off and avery 15-30 mins let it sync. the balanced presets actually are pretty perfect for most everyone

7 - Turning off 4g when you dont need it is good (use Power Control Plus, its cheap, just use the 2g/3g button, it will bring you to the menu to turn 4g off, set it to CDMA mode not CDMA/LTE mode). Another is setting Google Maps up right (set "Cache Tiles to wifi/turned on only, and download a map of your area for offline use so it doesnt need to cache tiles of where you are, also keep your GPS antenna off), backup and delete swype, find apps that run lighter than factory ones (like FriendCaster instead of Facebook it runs WAY lighter), also use a CPU control program to make some CPU profiles (like one regular one for screen on and one that sets the max at like 600 when the screens off)

8 - Not unless it keeps happening. Go out and get a better battery off of Ebay or Amazon. The batteries these things come with are junk

9 - You probably got a battery thats worse than most of us have. Order a high capacity one off Ebay or Amazon and that should fix the problem as long as you get a good one.

10 - Thats just gonna happen unless Metro gets more towers in your area, which it will just give it time

11 - Yes like I said before, LG put some bad batteries in these ones. Get another one

12 - I dont know of one, but Sense Analog Clock widget has an option to put system info (including temp) on the clock, which you can put anywhere you like

13 - go to the music app, hit the option button and uncheck "show widget in notification area"

14 - Cant unless you theme the ROM yourself, download a theme, or wait untill someone comes out with CM7/9 or something similar that will let you from within the rom

15 - Not that I know of. You can try and find the .apk from someone or online and try to install it manually but Im not sure if it will work

16 - There are plenty, google play on your phone lets you search by category and filters out whats not compatible

17 - OTA from LG has been speculated (since they are doing it to their other phones like this one) but we have no ETA. They are I believe working on CM9 for this phone which is ICS so youll just have to wait. This phone JUST came out so its a wonder we have anything at all really

18 - No, our phones arent GSM so they will not work out of the country

19 - it looks like the app android overclock has that widget in it, so download that app

Upvote 0
Thanks but , Not Android Overclock on 19 , How do I get the all blue icons for the status bar

Ahh, well then Im not sure :( sorry. Its not Set Cpu (as far as I know) its not ROM Toolbox or No Frills CPU Control. Try searching for CPU widget

As for the blue status bar icons. You can use ROM Toolbox Pro (which is awesome, totally worth $5 and has ALOT of tools and utilities) and use their "Change Icons" options to one by one change them from what they have (and they do have a lot of blue/cyan ones) OR use a theme for your rom (but it HAS to be made for your rom)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones