• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie App Installation on rooted phone problem

clipse9

Lurker
Feb 26, 2013
Hi,

after lurking for a couple of years I've decided to come in from the cold and ask for some help.

I recently managed to root my old HTC Desire (Bravo) using Unrevoked. All went pretty smoothly and I have SU permission.

However I have found I can't install some new apps. I can download from Google Play via my phone or PC to the phone but get the Installation was unsuccessful message.

This happened with Astrid , Add To Do and Tiny Flashlight. However I was able to install Titanium Backup, Tune In Radio and Root Checker and another that I've forgotten. There seems to be no obvious link to these apps.

Has anybody experience of this and a solution? If I've omitted any info please let me know.

Thx

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones