• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 5X vs Huawei P9 Lite: Network Performance, Hotspot, LTE-A

U

User73567456

Hello,

I have a WiFi-AC compatible computer and I mostly use my phone as Hotspot, in fact most of my 10GB/month are used that way. And I don't use it that much a part for calling while working, I'm not interested at all in photos, movies, games and whatever non professional use of the phone. I need something reliable and as fast as possible for web browsing/hotspot in 4G+ (LTE-A).

If I'm interested in a new phone it's primarily because mine is not 4G compatible.
My operator just added 4G+ so, it's time to pull the trigger.

I can't find any direct comparison between these two on the network side.

The two are LTE-A compliant so technically they should down/up-load at the same speed, do they ?
What about their performance in hotspot mode (the most important for me) ?
Nexus 5X is AC compatible while P9 Lite is only N compatible, so in theory the P9 Lite won't be able to give the true 4G+ performance as Hotspot ?

We all know that 4G+ (300mbps) won't be as fast as advertised but on the other side WiFi N is caped at 54mbps in single antenna ?

So I would be really interested by a real life test from someone who as either or the two of them.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones