• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6 & Project Fi

I am happy:) with Fi. I requested an invite on Apr 22, received the invite about 2 months later. As others have said, if you use a lot of data, Fi isn't the way to go. With that in mind, my last statements from Fi, $30.16, $31.50, $23.48, all with the benefits of being with Google, using a Google device, etc. Btw, i am on the 2GB data plan.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Anyone heard about how well it actually works overseas on roaming (in the 120 or so countries Google says it'll work)?? I travel a lot, and curious if the 3G speed, capped at 256? Kbps is adequate.

I haven't heard anything specifically about Project Fi and would be interested to know how they are doing it. I'm curious if they are just piggybacking off of T-Mobile's free International Data.

I have heard several comments from T-Mobile customers that the International Data is great. It is somewhat slow but not as bad as it sounds; apparently they are still frequently connected over LTE, just throttled, so you get a reliable throughput (unlike the typical 2G connection). Most have stated they can do most anything they need in terms of email and web browsing with no issue. I've even heard reports of navigation working well; though obviously using an app like Here would work better, with maps pre-downloaded.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones