• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6P Slow Motion Video

Has this been shot with the standard Google Camera app that ships with Marshmallow? And therefore, is it doable on any Android phone once the app is updated in the Play Store?

I have an LG G4 and it frustrates the hell out of me that I can shoot in slo mo on that phone, but can't export it. If Google are implementing it in their own camera then its good news!

Upvote 0
Has this been shot with the standard Google Camera app that ships with Marshmallow? And therefore, is it doable on any Android phone once the app is updated in the Play Store?

I have an LG G4 and it frustrates the hell out of me that I can shoot in slo mo on that phone, but can't export it. If Google are implementing it in their own camera then its good news!

I think it's a pretty safe bet they're using the stock camera software, as the person who shot this this is involved with that project at Google. It would be strange for them to be promoting a 3rd party app.

As to the question of can any phone do this, we will have to wait and see. The 5x is capped at 120 fps as well as the G4, so its unlikely phones without the 810 can pull it off. The 6p is shooting at 240 fps.

Unless you're just talking about being able to share it. The person who shot is is not the one who posted it, so there may have been some hoops to jump through. We will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones