• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No FM Radio?

Been playing around with my new HTC Wildfire S.
In order to use the radio, the manual says to plug in earphones, and click Applications -> FM Radio. But there is no such app.
I downloaded and installed the FM Radio Widget, but that did not help.
And there is no radio icon showing up in the status bar. The earphone icon does show up when I plug in the earphones.

Maybe this phone actually doesn't have the radio hardware?

I doubt there is an FM radio onboard Virgin Mobile's rendition of the Wildfire S... Keep in mind it also doesn't have a GSM radio either, since it is a CDMA phone.

Which user manual did you read this in? If it's Virgin Mobile's the least you can do is shame/harass them online...who knows, maybe they can send you one that actually has a radio. Otherwise I don't know policies regarding honest corporate mistakes.

Reactions: sisu
Upvote 0
I doubt there is an FM radio onboard Virgin Mobile's rendition of the Wildfire S... Keep in mind it also doesn't have a GSM radio either, since it is a CDMA phone.

Which user manual did you read this in? If it's Virgin Mobile's the least you can do is shame/harass them online...who knows, maybe they can send you one that actually has a radio. Otherwise I don't know policies regarding honest corporate mistakes.

Sorry didn't see your reply, I have been off the forum a few months...
But yeah, the radio finally works, on the custom rom I am using atm.
I don't remember now, might not been the user manual, but maybe it was on HTC's product page on Internet. But for some reason they must have disabled it on VM CDMA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones